Duende Native 'Cross Grades'
It is easy to see that a customer who has invested in a Duende hardware unit might want to continue to benefit from ongoing support and development of new Duende plug-ins. In recognition of this SSL is offering every registered Duende hardware owner a free ‘Cross Grade’ to Duende Native. This web page describes the terms and conditions for eligibility to a free Cross Grade, it describes what we are offering and how to go about applying for a Cross Grade.
Duende Native free Cross Grades are subject to these eligibility conditions;
- If your Duende unit was registered in your Profile at the SSL web site on or before 1st November 2010 you are eligible to claim free Duende Native Licences equivalent to any Duende plug-ins you own for your Duende hardware unit
- If you register a Duende hardware unit which has not previously been registered at the SSL web site, you are eligible to claim free Duende Native Licences equivalent to any Duende plug-ins you own for your Duende hardware unit. There is no time limit on this
- If you own a unit which had already been registered at the SSL web site on or before 1st November 2010 you will not be able to re-register it and will not be eligible for a free Cross Grade
- If you have bought any of the optional plug-ins (Drumstrip, Vocalstrip, X-EQ, X-Comp, X-Verb, Bus Compressor for Duende Mini Upgrade) for any model of Duende hardware it will be eligible for a free Cross Grade
Duende Native free Cross Grades are also subject to these additional conditions;
- By accepting the free Cross Grade offer you agree that SSL will no longer support your hardware unit
- If you sell your existing Duende hardware unit, the new owner will not be able to register it, or be eligible for support or be eligible for a free Cross Grade
- The Duende Native copy protection system examines your computer and builds a unique profile of it. As part of the product activation process this information is returned to the SSL Online Licence Centre to be used in the generation of a Product Licence that is unique to your computer. By accepting these Terms & Conditions you agree to SSL examining your computer system and holding information about it. If you are unwilling to have your computer profiled in this way you should not install Duende Native. SSL does not examine any personal data, other software installed or any computer use behaviour. SSL will not share any of your data with any third parties
- Each Duende hardware unit and all associated plug-ins will be Cross Graded as a ‘bundle’ in a single transaction. If the Duende Native plug-ins created as part of the Cross Grade are ‘deactivated’ at a later date they will all be deactivated as a bundle
- When you Cross Grade a specific unit, you cross grade the unit and all plug-ins associated with it. You cannot Cross Grade individual plug-ins separately. NOTE that you do not have to install all of the Duende Native plug-ins; during the Duende Native installation process you can choose which individual Native plug-ins you wish to actually use
Who Gets What?
Subject to Eligibility and agreement to our Terms & Conditions a free ‘Cross Grade’ means;
- Duende Mini, Classic & PCIe hardware units include the ‘EQ & Dynamics Channel’ plug-in as standard so owners of all eligible units can claim a free ‘Duende Native Channel’ licence
- Duende Classic and Duende PCIe hardware units include the ‘Stereo Bus Compressor’ plug-in as standard so owners of all eligible units can claim a free ‘Duende Native Bus Compressor’ Licence
- Owners of optional plug-ins (Drumstrip, Vocalstrip, X-EQ, X-Comp, X-Verb, Bus Compressor for Duende Mini) for eligible units can claim a free Duende Native equivalent Licence
- If you bought one of our Studio or Expanded Packs and your unit is still eligible you can claim a Duende Native Licence for each of the plug-ins in your bundle
- If you own more than one Duende hardware unit, providing each individual unit is eligible you get a free Cross Grade for each unit. If you have multiple optional plug-ins registered (IE one for each hardware unit) you can claim a free Cross Grade for each registered instance of each optional plug-in. So if you own two PCIe units, with all 5 optional plug-ins registered for both units… and both units are eligible… you can claim two complete sets of Duende Native Licences
- In short; everybody who owns an eligible Duende unit gets an equivalent Duende Native plug-in pack 100% for free AND gets to keep their DSP Duende. Everybody who owns multiple eligible Duende units gets multiple plug-in packs
Where is the catch?
There isn’t one. We have changed our future development strategy and think it is the right and proper thing to do to provide our existing customers with an opportunity to benefit from future development. You are not obliged to switch, you can carry on using your DSP Duende but you deserve the choice. It also feels good to reward customer loyalty. This Is SSL. It’s how we do things.