WIBU-SYSTEMS AG, Karlsruhe, Germany and WIBU-SYSTEMS USA Inc., Seattle, USA
Software License Agreement, Single Use License
PLEASE READ THIS SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT ("LICENSE") BEFORE USING THE SOFTWARE. BY USING THE SOFTWARE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. IF YOU ARE ACCESSING THE SOFTWARE ELECTRONICALLY, SIGNIFY YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE BY CLICKING THE "AGREE/ACCEPT" BUTTON. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE, RETURN THE WIBU-SYSTEMS SOFTWARE TO THE PLACE WHERE YOU OBTAINED IT FOR A REFUND OR, IF THE SOFTWARE WAS ACCESSED ELECTRONICALLY, CLICK "DISAGREE/DECLINE".
IMPORTANT NOTE: To the extent this software may be used to reproduce materials, it is licensed to you only for reproduction of materials you are authorized or legally permitted to reproduce.
1. General. The software, documentation and any fonts accompanying this License whether on disk, in read only memory, on any other media or in any other form (collectively the "WIBU-SYSTEMS Software") are licensed, not sold, to you by WIBU-SYSTEMS Computer, Inc. ("WIBU-SYSTEMS") for use only under the terms of this License, and WIBU-SYSTEMS reserves all rights not expressly granted to you. The rights granted herein are limited to WIBU-SYSTEMS's and its licensors' intellectual property rights in the WIBU-SYSTEMS Software and do not include any other patents or intellectual property rights. You own the media on which the WIBU-SYSTEMS Software is recorded but WIBU-SYSTEMS and/or WIBU-SYSTEMS's licensor(s) retain ownership of the WIBU-SYSTEMS Software itself. The rights granted under the terms of this License include any software upgrades that replace and/or supplement the original WIBU-SYSTEMS Software product, unless such upgrade contains a separate license.
2. Permitted License Uses and Restrictions. This License allows you to install and use one copy of the WIBU-SYSTEMS Software on multiple computers at a time, if the WIBU-SYSTEMS Software is always used with a CodeMeter-Stick connected to the PC. This License does allow the WIBU-SYSTEMS Software to exist on more than one computer at a time, and you may make the WIBU-SYSTEMS Software available over a network where it could be used by multiple computers at the same time under these circumstances. You may make one copy of the WIBU-SYSTEMS Software in machine-readable form for backup purposes only; provided that the backup copy must include all copyright or other proprietary notices contained on the original. Except as and only to the extent expressly permitted in this License or by applicable law, you may not copy, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, modify, or create derivative works of the WIBU-SYSTEMS Software or any part thereof. THE WIBU-SYSTEMS SOFTWARE IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE IN THE OPERATION OF NUCLEAR FACILITIES, AIRCRAFT NAVIGATION OR COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS, AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL SYSTEMS, LIFE SUPPORT MACHINES OR OTHER EQUIPMENT IN WHICH THE FAILURE OF THE WIBU-SYSTEMS SOFTWARE COULD LEAD TO DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, OR SEVERE PHYSICAL OR ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE.
3. Transfer. You may not rent, lease, lend or sublicense the WIBU-SYSTEMS Software. You may, however, make a one-time permanent transfer of all of your license rights to the WIBU-SYSTEMS Software to another party, provided that: (a) the transfer must include all of the WIBU-SYSTEMS Software, including all its component parts, original media, printed materials and this License; (b) you do not retain any copies of the WIBU-SYSTEMS Software, full or partial, including copies stored on a computer or other storage device; and (c) the party receiving the WIBU-SYSTEMS Software reads and agrees to accept the terms and conditions of this License. NFR (Not for Resale) Copies: Notwithstanding other sections of this License, WIBU-SYSTEMS Software labeled or otherwise provided to you on a promotional basis may only be used for demonstration, testing and evaluation purposes and may not be resold or transferred.
4. Termination. This License is effective until terminated. Your rights under this License will terminate automatically without notice from WIBU-SYSTEMS if you fail to comply with any term(s) of this License. Upon the termination of this License, you shall cease all use of the WIBU-SYSTEMS Software and destroy all copies, full or partial, of the WIBU-SYSTEMS Software.
5. Limited Warranty on Media. WIBU-SYSTEMS warrants the media on which the WIBU-SYSTEMS Software is recorded and delivered by WIBU-SYSTEMS to be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of original retail purchase. Your exclusive remedy under this Section shall be, at WIBU-SYSTEMS’s option, a refund of the purchase price of the product containing the WIBU-SYSTEMS Software or replacement of the WIBU-SYSTEMS Software which is returned to WIBU-SYSTEMS or an WIBU-SYSTEMS authorized representative with a copy of the receipt. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES ON THE MEDIA INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, AND OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO NINETY (90) DAYS FROM THE DATE OF ORIGINAL RETAIL PURCHASE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THE LIMITED WARRANTY SET FORTH HEREIN IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE TO YOU AND IS PROVIDED IN LIEU OF ANY OTHER WARRANTIES (IF ANY) CREATED BY ANY DOCUMENTATION OR PACKAGING. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY BY JURISDICTION.
6. Disclaimer of Warranties. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT USE OF THE WIBU-SYSTEMS SOFTWARE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY AND EFFORT IS WITH YOU. EXCEPT FOR THE LIMITED WARRANTY ON MEDIA SET FORTH ABOVE AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE WIBU-SYSTEMS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND WIBU-SYSTEMS AND WIBU-SYSTEMS'S LICENSORS (COLLECTIVELY REFERRED TO AS "WIBU-SYSTEMS" FOR THE PURPOSES OF SECTIONS 6 AND 7) HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE WIBU-SYSTEMS SOFTWARE, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OF ACCURACY, OF QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. WIBU-SYSTEMS DOES NOT WARRANT AGAINST INTERFERENCE WITH YOUR ENJOYMENT OF THE WIBU-SYSTEMS SOFTWARE, THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE WIBU-SYSTEMS SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE OPERATION OF THE WIBU-SYSTEMS SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE WIBU-SYSTEMS SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY WIBU-SYSTEMS OR AN WIBU-SYSTEMS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY. SHOULD THE WIBU-SYSTEMS SOFTWARE PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATIONS ON APPLICABLE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
7. Limitation of Liability. TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL WIBU-SYSTEMS BE LIABLE FOR PERSONAL INJURY, OR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE WIBU-SYSTEMS SOFTWARE, HOWEVER CAUSED, REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY (CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) AND EVEN IF WIBU-SYSTEMS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY, OR OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. In no event shall WIBU-SYSTEMS's total liability to you for all damages (other than as may be required by applicable law in cases involving personal injury) exceed the amount of fifty dollars ($50.00). The foregoing limitations will apply even if the above stated remedy fails of its essential purpose.
8. Export Law Assurances. You may not use or otherwise export or reexport the WIBU-SYSTEMS Software except as authorized by United States law and the laws of the jurisdiction in which the WIBU-SYSTEMS Software was obtained. In particular, but without limitation, the WIBU-SYSTEMS Software may not be exported or re-exported (a) into (or to a national or resident of) any U.S. embargoed countries (currently Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Sudan and Syria) or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Person’s List or Entity List. By using the WIBU-SYSTEMS Software, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
9. Government End Users. The WIBU-SYSTEMS Software and related documentation are "Commercial Items", as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. §2.101, consisting of "Commercial Computer Software" and "Commercial Computer Software Documentation", as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202, as applicable. Consistent with 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202-1through 227.7202-4, as applicable, the Commercial Computer Software and Commercial Computer Software Documentation are being licensed to U.S. Government end users (a) only as Commercial Items and (b) with only those rights as are granted to all other end users pursuant to the terms and conditions herein. Unpublished-rights reserved under the copyright laws of the United States and Germany.
10. Controlling Law and Severability. This License will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Germany (Bundesrepublik Deutschland). This License shall not be governed by the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, the application of which is expressly excluded. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision, or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, the remainder of this License shall continue in full force and effect.
11. Complete Agreement; Governing Language. This License constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the use of the WIBU-SYSTEMS Software licensed hereunder and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings regarding such subject matter. No amendment to or modification of this License will be binding unless in writing and signed by WIBU-SYSTEMS. Any translation of this License is done for local requirements and in the event of a dispute between the German and any non-German versions, the German version of this License shall govern.
Karlsruhe, November 2003